A Drop Shipper is the company that sends physical products out directly to customers who have purchased those products from online retailers. Drop shippers sell their products to you, the retailer, at wholesale prices and then mail out the product directly to your customer, using your mailing label.
There are many things to consider when selecting a Drop Shipper. You will want to make sure they are a solid, reputable company – and this usually means not going with someone who is just selling you a list of drop shipping companies.
Here are some advantages of using a Drop Shipper for your business:
- By using a Drop Shipper, you can avoid the hassle of carrying inventory and there is no need to weigh, package and mail the products you sell. And, there is no need to purchase products in bulk to get wholesale prices.
- Although there is generally a nominal fee to be paid to join the Drop Shipper’s program, once you are a member, you are entitled to their wholesale prices. Many Drop Shippers will even supply you with a CD disk with pictures of their products you can use on your web site.
- Drop Shippers will also provide a price list with their suggested retail price for each product. For those who might want to actually get some inventory or have a very large order, Drop Shippers generally will offer a discount even lower than your normal cost.
- The Drop Shipper will also supply you with some copies of their paper catalog that you can send to your customers. There may be a fee for these catalogs, depending on the Drop Shipper’s policies.
- Some Drop Shippers will even put your website’s information on a label and attach it to the catalog so that your customer will be ordering directly from you and not even know that you’re the middle man. This gives credibility to your business and shows that you’re not just a rip-off seller.
- Once you have selected a Drop Shipper, it’s very important to maintain a good relationship with their staff. After all, these are the folks who are processing your order!
Drop Shipping can be a very profitable business if you approach it correctly from the start. Don’t forget, your Drop Shipper is the other half of the team, and even though an occasional problem may arise, it’s best to work with them in a spirit of cooperation.
If you’d like more information about Drop Shipping, I just completed a new eBook entitled Learn How to Easily Create Your Own Web Site and Actually Understand the Full Process.
Download it here: http://www.newwebsiteteacher.com/index2.html