Dropshipping companies can be used to sell merchandise without having to worry about stocking any goods yourself. It can be very profitable but it can also be very risky if you don’t do the proper research. Here is what you should do.
1. When you find a company take a look across the internet to see if you can find out what kind of reputation they have. Forums and chatrooms are a great place to look or you could join a dropshipping directory members site to get a lot more detail on reputation.
2. Try to find out how long the company has been around. A company that has existed for some time is far more likely to be legit than one that is fairly new.
3. Find out that the company offering dropshipping services are wholesalers and not resellers. Resellers will be more expensive as they will have bought the goods wholesale and added a decent mark up before selling onto you.
4. Have a look and see if they offer product descriptions and pictures that you are free to use. This is to make things easier for you more than anything else.
5. Check what fees are being charged, paying particular attention to whether they are charging you per order or per product as this is important to know as you then know what to offer your customers.
6. To help build up your credibility and reputation take a look at whether your companies name will be on the packaging and not the dropshippers name.
Following the advice given in this article will take you a step nearer to finding dropshipping companies that you can trust. By ignoring the advice you are running a huge risk.